About the Position
Would you like the opportunity to earn a substantial income while being part of an exciting and growing innovative environment?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. We need someone with strong management/leadership skills and an instinctive understanding of a wide variety of technologies. Strong candidates will also have an appreciation for providing excellent client relationships and a love for helping others.
The daily tasks you will work on will range from higher-level helpdesk support requests to designing and deploying infrastructure solutions. When resolving such requests you will work with a team that includes 4 senior engineers and additional consultants eager to share years of experience with you. The right candidate will have a tremendous opportunity to develop their skills in a supportive environment.
- Manage all aspects of customer’s technologies: mentoring, educating, guiding and supporting associate/mid-level team members.
- Provide project management: IT assessments, recommendations and proposals; and nurturing of customer relationships.
- Travel to customer sites for regularly scheduled and as-needed calls.
- Work closely with our IT Support Specialists on larger projects and new implementations.
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively to problem-solve and help evaluate, recommend and execute new solutions.
- Work closely with clients to develop IT infrastructures and strategies.
- Be prepared and willing to participate in and occasionally lead meetings and develop proposals for both new and existing clients.
- Maintain a positive, motivated and productive attitude.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Systems Engineer position will demonstrate clear communication, mastery of details and a passion for both technology and happy customers.
- Excellent client relation’s skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience working with and mentoring/coaching highly technical staff.
- Skilled multi-tasker, effective at delegation and utilization of team skills.
- Minimum 5 years hands on, real world experience a must.
- Required Technical Skills: Windows Server 2008-2012, Active Directory, Exchange 2007-2013.
- Expert level understanding of IP networking technologies and topologies such as: routing/switching/firewalls, multiple years’ experience implementing and managing high availability and Backup and Data Recovering solutions, virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, Citrix, Vmware, Azure).
- Highly Desired Certifications and skills but not required: MCITP, CCNA, and VCP, N-able, SQL, cloud services (Office365, Azure, etc), VDL Technologies.
- Ability and temperament to independently interact with clients.
What we offer
At NCGIT, you will find a unique working environment that combines the advantages of a small business with strong customer relationships, delivering fortune 500 level IT to growing firms with a focus on financial and professional services.
Our compensation and benefit package promotes career development and job satisfaction and includes a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
This is a key position in a fast paced, growing company. The right candidate will have a tremendous opportunity for professional development. This position is located in Stoughton, MA. Travel to local client sites is required.
With over 100 combined years of management IT experience our team of professionals provides superior service to our clients. Our company takes great pride in quality of work and dependable service.
We are dedicated to providing outstanding technology support for small and medium size firms in New England. Our clients represent a range of industries but are unified in their desire to partner with an IT provider that empowers their team and enhances their strategic advantage. Our team believes in forming lasting partnerships with firms that recognize value in focusing on their core business strengths and making technology an asset. Experience has shown that we do best by offering sound advice, not trying to make big sales on a particular timetable. Our goal is to offer an uncommon level of service, attention to detail, and responsiveness.